ISEP NewsThe Interect Solar Education Program – ISEP – is a workshop based training program for people looking to learn about solar technology and the industry. ISEP runs weekly Basic Fall Protection Workshops and certifies participants in 3.5 hours. We also hold half day and full day Inverter Technology and Site Assessment Workshops. For students looking for more of an introductory course, ISEP offers a 3 day Introduction To Solar PV Workshop that covers basic solar theory as well as a hands-on solar installation on our practice roof. All of these workshops are held at our facility in Scarborough; however, ask about our new “travel training” program, where we can take our workshops to you!
- The Alliance for Rural Electrification Worldwide more than 1,6 billion people do not have access to electricity. 80 % of those live in rural areas. We in the industrialised world take electricity for granted. We do not realize that electricity is a basic precondition for almost all aspects of modern life. Ernesto Macias President of the Alliance for Rural Electrification full text here: Alliance for Rural Electrification
- Scarborough, ON, Dec. 17, 2011 Interect Inc. hosted a food drive fundraiser and environmental awareness movie screening of Josh Tickell’s Fuel (2008). In this powerful and positive documentary, Tickell looks for solutions to America’s oil addiction. He advocates the need for transformative action across society in order to fix the debt, environmental and unemployment crises, perhaps a more poignant message today than when it first debuted. “People are sort of blind to this kind of knowledge. This message needs to be sent to them more,” said Ashod Messerkhanian, an electrical contractor and consultant as well as attendee. Interect Inc. aims not only to provide green solutions through its solar power wholesale products, but also to educate tradespeople and the general public about solar power through workshops and camps. Interect Inc. also aims to increase general awareness of the environment and the issues we are facing, through events such as the screening this past weekend. In addition to educating, Interect Inc. also aims to be part of the larger community, through a variety of initiatives, including offering environmental workshops for youth-at-risk and this food drive. Interect Inc. is a wholesale distributor of solar systems and provides solutions for on and off-grid applications. Interect Solar Education Program (ISEP) runs training workshops combining theory and hands-on to teach students about the solar industry. For more information, contact: Julie Adshade, Interect Inc. p: 416-282-9992 f: 416-282-9993 email@example.com www.interect.ca
- Interect celebrated Green Energy Field Day with an Open Doors Event & Movie. Local area Scarborough residents interested in learning more about solar energy came by for a visit, bringing along their questions and enthusiasm for the environment. Many people were curious about how solar energy works; we took them around our showroom, explaining different pieces of equipment, such as the Fronius and KACO inverters we have on display. Once we had a large enough group gathered, we started the movie, The Age Of Stupid; using a documentary style, this cautionary tale shows us the mistakes we have been making and where we may end up if we don't change our habits. The movie sparked good discussion, which took place over refreshments. Overall, our day was a great success. People were pleased to learn about our products and the solar training that we do at our facility. The turnout and interest have encouraged us to consider organizing more community based green movie nights and informational sessions, where people can gather and share their ideas and concerns and learn more about sustainable energy. We received a lot of positive feedback from our attendees, mostly expressing how much they enjoyed their day with us and watching the movie. We sparked their interest in wanting to learn even more about solar energy. Next year, we will be participating in the Green Energy Field Day once again, and would also be interested in supporting OSEA in any of their other events that they hold throughout the year.
- One of the biggest solar shows in the world is Intersolar, held in China, Europe, India and North America. Every year, companies involved in the solar industry meet for this 3 day conference and exhibition to promote their products and share knowledge. All but Intersolar India have passed for this year. In June, Interect sent a few team members to Intersolar Europe to see the show. For 3 days, from June 8-10, we visited the event's numerous halls and booths. Anything related to solar could be found there; from inverters, to mounting equipment and also services related to solar, there was certainly enough to keep us exploring and asking questions. We spent our time visiting industry partners, such as inverter manufacturers Fronius and KACO, who welcomed us to their booths, offering snacks and coffee while we discussed their products. This was also a good time to network with new people and companies whom we met along the way. As this draws many people from all around the world, it was interesting to see the new developments in solar technology and the innovative ideas coming from outside of North America. A great big thanks for the warm welcome we received from KACO and Fronius. We look forward to seeing you and everyone else again back at Intersolar Europe next year in 2012.
- On Saturday, May 28th, 2011, Interect Inc held an open house at its Scarborough facility to announce new avenues for growth within Ontario's solar energy industry. The event brought together several emerging voices involved in PV energy in Ontario, including representatives from Seneca College, KACO new energy Canada, and Fronius Canada.
Most importantly, the open house allowed local stakeholders in Ontario's solar industry to explore the company's newer, larger warehouse, and to learn about Interect's new summer school program.
The Interect Solar Education Program (ISEP) will now be offering week-long day camp sessions to high school and college students interested in learning more about renewable energy. John Hewetson, a sales representative for KACO new energy Canada, had this to say about the value that Interect Inc is adding to Ontario's solar energy industry: Saturday's opening was a great opportunity to relax and socialize as individuals working towards a common goal. Interect should also be commended for its efforts to bring young people into this industry through training and employment programs.
Ontario has the potential to be a hub of solar energy innovation. Connecting to students at the beginning of their careers is an important way to attract further investment and growth.
Interect Inc is a wholesale distributor of Kaco and Fronius Inverters, Balance of System Components as well as a Solar Energy Educator.
Interect Open House[nggallery id=7]
- Interect Inc. has partnered with Quasar Alternative Energy Inc. to design and build solar trackers. Quasar is a company already known for its wind and water turbines and its presence in the green energy market makes it a natural fit with Interect's solar pv projects.
Recently, Interect and Quasar completed construction on a solar tracker in Huntsville, Ontario. Named Quasar 1, it is a residential 10kW system in the client's backyard. With the mechanical and solar expertise between both companies, Interect and Quasar look forward to creating more unique tracker designs suited to each customer's needs.
Quasar 1, powered by Interect a product that is truly out of this world.
- Amazing solar packages available now for the Ontario Micro Fit and Fit program: - 235 watt Sharp solar panels, Ontario content - Ontario built Kaco inverters - Ontario-made Kinetic mounting system - Installation by one of our highly experienced partners, Province-wide - Cabling, conduit, DC & AC circuit breakers and enclosures - Monitoring hardware and software - Industry leading warranties